Our Mission & Vision
The St Louis Affiliate of the WOCN has a mission to develop and promote the highest quality treatment within the framework of our core values. Our goal is to educate and promote both our nurses and our patients to improve nursing clinical practice and overall quality of life for patients with Wound, Ostomy and Incontinence issues.
We accomplish this mission thru the following methods:
- Maintaining the core values of the WOCN: Trust, Leadership, Communication, Integrity, Vision and Diversity
- Providing education for our members to promote the development of the highest quality and most advanced methods of patient treatment protocols
- Providing quality vendor education
- Advocating for patients between doctors, care team and family members
The STLWOCN has a Dedicated Vision to our nurses and to our patients and our community to provide services with the highest professionalism possible while maintaining our core values of caring and respect for the human dignity of the recipients of our services.
We achieve our Vision by:
- Maintaining a Standard of Practice that is compliant with the Gold Standard of the WOCNCB
- Educating our members thru conferences and monthly educational offerings
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with other health care organizations which allows us to advocate quality patient care and cost effective healthcare for our nurses and patients.